Case Study 2: Construction Company
Project: Health and safety advice for a construction client’s new-build project
Client: Construction company
Location: Trafford Park
To ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the site remained accident free. To be achieved by putting into place processes and procedures for the project, ensuring the provision of site-related statutory requirements and giving appropriate advice and health and safety training for all staff on the site.
The inclusion of existing and new site related documents into the site health and safety file. This included:
• Submission to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of the F10 and retain a copy on site
• Construction phase health and safety plan
• Documents relating to the Principal Contractors duties
• Proof of health and safety vetting of all contractors
• Copies of contractors insurance documents
• Copies of contractors site specific risk assessments and method statements
• Site safety induction training
• Site attendance register
• Copies of the clients employee’s site specific risk assessments
• Copy of the site fire risk assessment
• Copies of COSHH assessments for chemicals and substances used on site
• Copies of monthly site safety audits
• Tool box talk register.
Nine months, with a monthly visit to carry out a site safety audit and give tool box talks.
The health and safety project was completed on time, with only minor accidents such as small cuts and abrasions and no near misses. It also provided the construction client with a library of trusted contractors for future projects.